Translate This Site to Your Language

CATHOLIC CANADIAN CONVERTED TO HINDUISM

MARC BOIVIN FROM ONTARIO ,CANADA :

Being born in Canada, I was raised Roman Catholic which is the predominant religion in my Country. By the time I was an adult I had come to the conclusion that I did not want to be part of the Catholic religion, or Christianity at all. I left the Catholic Church, not because of the majority of people, but because of the Church leadership that promotes hatred and anger toward others that question what they are told to believe. There are too many rules in Christianity that they place on their people in order to be close to God.

After many years of researching other religions and philosophies, I came across Hinduism. The ideas set forth in Hinduism that all are equal in the eyes of the Supreme are what I find attractive. I am of the belief, through reading the Vedas and Bhagavad Gita that one only need realize God within and love the Being within to achieve peace with the Supreme.

Hinduism has taught me to be tolerant of all people and to forgive others ignorance. It has also taught me that God is alive within all beings. By simply loving the Supreme and each other, by seeing the divine in each living being, we are brought closer to God and that honors Him. It is because of Hinduism that the God I was taught in my youth does not exist. There is no hatred or malice with the Supreme. It is because of Hinduism that I have a new relationship with the Supreme. I have a peace within that I have never had before. Jai Shri Krishna and may all others feel Krishna’s divine presence in all they see and do.

0 comments:

 
Join Us on Facebook Tweet Us On Twitter Visit Our rss feed Newsletter